16 Killer Tips to Improve Battery Life in Android smartphones
All Android smartphone users will agree, that the Battery life is the biggest concern. With plethora of apps available for android smartphones and add to it the number of apps that come bundled with the phone are responsible for battery drain.
Even the best big batteries, won’t have enough reserves to power the big (five inches +) screens,HD display,along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and 3G connections, periodically syncing with Google accounts. You just name it and its there on Android smartphone, eating away your battery life.
However there are very simple ways to improve battery life in Android smartphones.
Here is a list of simple tips, if you follow them, I bet you can improve battery life in Android smartphones.
Tips to Improve battery life in Android Smartphones:
- As the usage time increases, the batteries lifespan is shortened.
- Reducing the frequency of auto-sync email accounts will reduce battery consumption. Less auto sync email account helps to improve battery life in android smartphones.To suspend an account go to settings > accounts and sync then choose and turn off an account.
- Reduce sync frequency to improve battery life in android devices.Some apps will sync automatically. The higher the frequency, the faster the power is consumed.
- Turn off Bluetooth. To save power and improve battery life. Bluetooth should be turned off if not in use.
- Turn off Wi-Fi. To save power make it a habit to turn off wi-fi when you don’t need it. This will tremendously improve battery life in Android smartphones.
- Turn off DATA: Turn off data connection when you don’t need it. This is one most important factor, turn it on only when you need it, to improve battery life in android smartphones and tablets.
- Turn off 3G : Using 3G network allow us faster download, but it also consumes a lot of power, especially when the signal is weak. Turn off 3G when you don’t need it or when the signal is weak to Improve battery life in android smartphones.
- Enable Airplane mode when the signal is bad: Your phone uses more power when the signal strength is weak, because the device will keep searching the signal. In poor or weak signal area Airplane mode is best to improve battery life in android smartphones.
- Lower the screen brightness. Dimming the screen brightness is another way to improve battery life in android smartphones.
- When low on power, use less apps. It reduces battery standby time if using for a long time some apps or games that require screen brightness, GPRS or internet connection.
- Shut down background programs.Check if there are any apps running background. Go to settings>Applications>running applications. You can see all the running apps and can choose to turn off any. This will further improve battery life in android smartphones
- Turn your screen off: Please set your phones screen to automatically turn off to save power and improve battery life in android smartphones and tablets.
- Use GPS only when necessary. Running GPS all the time consumes lots of battery life. I don’t see any reason why you need to run GPS all the time. Turn it off if not required to improve battery life in android smartphones.
- Proper temperate range for the lithium battery. Battery performance is closely related to the temperature range of 14F – 122F. otherwise the battery life will be reduced enormously. Protect your phone from such temperature variations to improve battery life in android smartphones.
- Let your device breathe. To extend battery life, please take off your phone case if you find the phone is overheating while charging.
- Charge tips: Always use the power adapter to charge your phone. Charging via USB takes longer time because the output current is low.
These are the 16 tips to Improve battery life in android smartphones.
Ben Jamir is the Founder and Author of Tipsnfreeware. He is a part time Blogger, sharing his experience and giving a Helping hand to Home users. You will find here the best Windows Tips,Tricks and quality Freeware.