Better WordPress Minify ! Best WordPress Minify Plugin
Minnification of CSS and JS files necessary for sites to load fast. Reason being fast loading site makes visitors and search engines happy. Word Press by itself is lightweight and is optimized for speed. But when we start installing plugins , performance can suffer a lot, making your site slow.
I have been using WP minify plugin along with WP super cache plugin for more than two years now. Without any issues. WordPress gets updated on regular intervals. I did observe that WP minify plugin was not updated for quite sometime.
So out of curiosity I checked and show this warning sign in the WP minify plugin site.
Nothing to worry I thought, but I had to uninstall it, since I was going to update WordPress to 3.9.2 version. fearing compatibility issues.
Yesterday itself I downloaded Better WordPress minify plugin. Installed and activated it. Didn’t change any settings in the plugin. Used the default settings as it came, straight out of the box. Logged out and checked my site.
Everything was working fine, didn’t break my site. Being a speed freak, to satisfy myself I checked my page speed in Google Page speed score. To my surprise it improved from 91 to 94. Yslow speed too increased by three points.
Better WordPress minify plugin, allows you to combine and minify your CSS and JS files, which is vital to improve page load time. It relies on WordPress enqueueing system rather than the output buffer. Which means it will not break your site (in most cases). Very customizable and easy to use.
Some Notable Features :
- Uses enqueueing system of WordPress which improves compatibility with other plugins and themes
- Allows you to move enqueued files to desired locations (header, footer, oblivion, etc.) via a dedicated management page
- Allows you to change various Minify settings (cache directory, cache age, debug mode, etc.) directly in admin
- Allows you to use CDN for minified contents, one CDN host for JS and one for CSS with SSL support
- Allows you to split long Minify strings into shorter ones
- Supports script localization (wp_localize_script())
- Supports inline styles
- Supports media-specific stylesheets (e.g. ‘screen’, ‘print’, etc.)
- Supports conditional stylesheets (e.g. <!–[if lt IE 7]>)
- Provides hooks for further customization
- WordPress Multi-site compatible
If you are on a shared hosting plan like me. I would recommend this plugin, definitely the best WordPress minify plugin.
I would suggest you to read WordPress Minify Best Practices
Posted By: Ben Jamir