Convert Photo To Pencil Art In Photoshop
Would you like to convert your photos to beautiful realistic pencil art ? Don’t worry, you you don’t need artistic talent to do that. Nor do you need a third party software to convert photos to pencil art.
HOW TO CONVERT PHOTO TO PENCIL ART IN PHOTOSHOP:
TIP: Choose a good quality head shot photo. You can use your own photo or download one from any Free Stock photos.
- Open your photo in Photoshop. Make a duplicate copy by pressing Ctrl + J in windows or Cmd + J in mac.
- Select the duplicate layer, desaturate the image (black and white) either by using the key combination Ctrl + shift + U. You can also go to Image – adjustments – desaturate. Your image will become B & W
- Now duplicate the B&W layer by pressing Ctrl + J as mentioned above.
- Make sure the duplicated B&W layer is selected. Now we need to invert the this image.
- Invert the Image by pressing Ctrl +I in windows or Cmd + I on Mac. Alternately you can go to Image – Adjustments – Invert. Now your Image will look like a Negative.
Make sure the negative image layer is selected. Now go to the layer Blending options in the layer pallet and select “Color Dodge”. Your image will disappear and the document will be completely white.
From menu select Filter – Blur – Gaussian Blur. You will immediately see the outline of the Image. All you have to do is to adjust the amount of radius for Gaussian blur. Make sure Preview is checked, so you can see the change as you adjust the amount of radius.There is no fixed amount. For this image I used radius 9, which looked good. Depending on the size of the Image you are working on, you may have to increase the radius. And this is what you will get.
That’s it , I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial on how to convert photo to pencil art in Photoshop. Any confusion or doubt, you are welcome to comment. I will be happy to help.
- If the final image is too light. Flatten the layers and use the Levels tool to darken it a bit to your liking.
- You can also use the burn tool too darken certain areas, like the eye brows, eyes, nose etc.
- If you want to make colored pencil art. Duplicate the original layer(colored) drag to the top of all layer and select color in the layer blending option. Adjust the layer opacity as per your liking.
Posted By: Ben Jamir