How to Increase Your Blog Traffic
16 Tips to Increase your Blog Traffic
- Stick to your niche (topics on whatever you write).Write, and write well with quality content to keep your readers interested and wanting them to come back again.
- Submit your blog to Search engines, this is very important to make sure it is listed or how else do you expect people to find your blog ? Of course don’t expect to find your blog in the first search page, it does take time for it to go up the list)
- Pay attention to comments your readers leave. Never ever ignore any comment, always reply to comments, by responding and interacting with your readers comments. It is also wise to leave thoughtful and relevant comments on other’s blogs, to draw their attention and visit your blog.
- Make it a point to link to others using Blogroll. Owners of the Blog you link to will most likely link to you back and have their visitors use the links to go to your blog.
- Syndicate your Blog with Feedburner so that others can get updates to your blog easily.If you don’t have an account with Feedburner, open it, its free.
- Use links to your blog, these are powerful “vote of confidence” that are counted in ranking your blog. You should create internal links from your posts to your other posts too (Works best when you use the right keywords to link). That way you will encourage your readers to read your related posts also.Trackbacks are links in other blogs comment that links back to your blog.They are created when you link to these blog’s posts in your posts. However some blogs don’t allow trackbacks to appear.
- Tag your posts thoughtfully. Good tags related to your post increases the chances of search engine to find your content.You can have as many Tags as you want but 3 to 4 relevant Tags should be sufficient.
- Submit your Blog posts to social benchmarking sites like Technorati, Digg, Stumbleupon , Facebook , Twitter etc. to get exposer.
- SEO (search engine optimization).Try to use relevant Keywords for your post. Place yourself as a searcher and think what you would write in the search box for a particular topic. Accordingly use relevant keywords to drive traffic and increase your blog traffic.
- Visit Blogs of the same interest as yours and try to participate in forums interacting with people of relevant interest.This will help to drive traffic back to your blog.
- Guest blogging, this is a way of letting people know your talent and sharing your ideas. Write guest post in other well established blogs/popular blogs. More popular is the blog, more traffic they will send to your blog, and increase your blog traffic. But remember some blogs do not allow guest to post.
- Using Images with the right key words is a good idea. People do not search for contents alone these days , they search for images too.
- Help yourself too, promote your blog via E-mail, include your blog URL in your E-mail as a signature, include that in your visiting cards, business cards etc.
- Open accounts in social networking sites like FACEBOOK, TWITTER etc. make friends in these sites, get your blog networked with these sites for automatic update when ever you publish a post. Remember these social sites are a powerful source to get visitors.
- And of course spread by word of mouth, tell your friends,relatives, colleagues to visit your blog
- Last but not the least, have patients, don’t expect just because you tried all these tips and you don’t get visitors. Remember there are millions of blogs like yours and mine, it takes time to become visible, sooner or later it will be, so just go on doing what you do best, success will follow.
Was this helpful? Do share your opinion too.