Setup a wireless network to share internet connection. Ad-Hoc wireless to share internet connection between computers.
How to set up wireless network to share internet connection between Computers in windows 7 and other devices to Share Internet Connection, sharing documents, data’s etc. Ad hoc wireless connection between computers and devices can be established without a router. With this Tip You can set up wireless network to share internet connection wirelessly from your Laptop with another PC or Laptop and other devices capable of connecting wirelessly. If you are using internet on your laptop with Windows 7 installed and want to set up wireless network to share internet connection with other wireless devices than follow this TIP and you can easily setup a ad hoc wireless network on windows 7 to share internet connection without the need of a router.
- Click on “Start” button
- Type connection or network in the search box
- STEP 2:-
- In the next window scroll down and click on the “Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer to computer) network as shown below.
- STEP: 3 -
- Now Click on the “Next” button. And you will get the following screen.” Set up a wireless Ad Hoc Network. In this window just click on “Next” button
- STEP: 4
- In the next window”Give your network a name and choose security options” under the “Network name” give a name like “Ad-Hoc”
- Under Security type from the drop down down menu choose”No authentication(open)
- Keep the “Security key” blank (more on that later)
- Check on “save this network” as shown below.
- Now again click on the “next” button. The system will create the ad-hoc wireless connection and will show you the following
- window.” Internet connection sharing is enabled”
- Than you will get the following window “The Ad-hoc network is ready to use”
- Here click on the “ Turn on Internet connection sharing”
- Immediately after that you will see the availability of Wi-FI signal icon on your task bar and your “Ad-Hoc”wi-fi name clearly displayed in the available connections as shown below.
- STEP: 6
- Now you can test your Wi-Fi with any device having a wi-fi adopter .Try your Mobile phone or Laptop, enable the Wi-Fi in the device , it will search and will detect it Ad-Hoc signal (since we named it as Ad-Hoc). Since this is not a secure connection any device can use your Internet connection. Connect your device and surf the net or share any file between the connected devices.
- If you want to secure the connection with password than just follow these steps.
- SECURE YOUR AD-HOC Wi-Fi:
- click on the Start button and on the search Box type “manage wireless” from the displayed menu click on “Manage wireless networks”
- From the list you will see your “Ad-Hoc” wireless, select it than Right click on it, than click on “Properties” in the properties window click on “security”
- on the security type select “Wep” than it will display “Security code” box. There you can enter your security code than click on OK.
- Now your Ad-Hoc wireless is secured, if any device needs to connect to internet or share any data must input the correct security code.
I have tried and successfully set up my AD-HOC wireless to connect and share Internet connection on my Nokia N8 phone and another Laptop without any problem. You can try this TIP, this makes it very handy to share not only Internet connection but also share documents ,data’s etc.
Was this TIP helpful ? any problem please leave a comment.
Posted By: Ben Jamir