How do You submit Your site Map to Google Webmaster tools.
1. First Find out how many posts you have already published. This you probably already know or if you are not sure , Log on to your Blogger account and go to settings –Posts- There you will see the number of posts already published shown at the top of the lists of published Posts. According to the number of posts you have published, you will need to insert/type the following in the Googles webmaster tools.
|For Less Than 500 blog post
|For Less than 1000 blog post
|Less than 1500 blog post
2. Now that you know the number of Blog post Published, Lets proceed to the next step to add this site map to Googles webmaster tools.
Follow these steps.
- Log on to Google Webmaster tools. If you have a google account you can log with that too.
- In this page it will display the List of Blogs you have,choose the one for which you want to submit site map, as shown below.
- Click on the Blog URL you choose, and you will get the following window
Here Click on the “ADD/TEST SITEMAP button on the top right corner of the window. You will get this .
Here in the box next to your blogs URL(in this image its showing my blog URL) either type or copy paste the code as shown above, corresponding to the number of blog post published, than click on the “Submit Site Map”. Your site map will be updated and you may be asked to refresh(reload) the page. On reloading the page Google webmaster tool will display the number of posts submitted and number of posts already indexed. as shown below
That’s it you are done. Now you just have to wait for Google to crawl all your pages and index it.This may take a day or few days. You can log on to Google webmaster tool later again to check how many pages have been indexed.
Was this post helpful? If you know better ways to submit site map, share with us here.If you have enjoyed reading this article, take a few moments to subscribe for free E-mail notification.
Posted By: Ben Jamir