What is Android Video Player ?
Android video player is the App or Software which play the multimedia files. Most of the video player for android can play familiar multimedia formats like MP3,MP4, A VI, 3GP , FL V HD…etc. Without video player app, you can’t play multimedia files in an android phone even if its a high end or low end it doesn’t matter.
The default Android Video Player, that comes with your phone, is quite good for playing the casual video formats. But its terrible when it comes to playing the HD, MKV, FLV video formats.
That’s why, its good to choose the best Android video player, which can play all video formats and you can enjoy and solve multimedia related problems.
So, here is the list of the Top Android Video Players: Choose the one that suits you.
1: MX Video Player : Android Video Player
Without a doubt, MX video player is one of the Top Android Video player. With a 4.4 star user ratings and more than 500,000,000 downloads. We have already posted a detail review of this Best Android video player.
The most important features of this Android video player are:
- MX player for android can play any video format that you throw at it.
- Network streaming is supported which makes it stands first.
- onscreen control feature, example: Long press to Zoom while playing videos, volume control
- Best audio boost feature.
- Almost all the Subtitles are supported seen only in premium versions
2: BS Player: Android Video Player
Another, one of the top Android Video Player. BS Player is one of the top hardware accelerated video player for Android smartphones and Tablet PCs.
- Android 6.0 compatibility
- multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support – significantly improves playback speed
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback – increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt…
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3’s directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) – no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files…..And many more features..
3: VLC Player For Android: Android Video Player
If you have PC and watch movies ! I bet you already know VLC Player. This is one of the most popular loved media player for PC users, all over the world. Now VLC player is available for Android platform too.
VLC media player is a free and open source cross platform multimedia player, that can play any multimedia files you throw at it.
VLC for Android plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness. It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
4: Mobo Video Player:
A 4.2 star user rating media player, best Video player for Android, great for both playing online and offline videos.
Watch videos on phone without conversion, anytime and anywhere.Features the best playback experience and quality.
Mobo video player supports:
All video formats (need to choose “software decoding” mode in most cases)
Popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA
Subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others
Multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles
Playlists and continuous play on same type files
Videos streamed through HTTP, RTSP protocols
Media libraries and sort videos by type
Thumbnail displays of videos
5: GOM Player:
Enjoy the easy and convenient free player on mobile with the same reputation of Gom Media Player.
Supports non-encoding, speed control, finger gesture, subtitle management, section movement, light control, etc.
1. Variety of non-encoded video files including mp4 types can be played.
2. Convenient UI, such as slide menus and intuitive screen options.
3. You can manage the list of your favorite videos.
4. You can screen shot the screen while it is being played.
5. We support sleep timer function
6. It is possible to connect to Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, WebDAV, and FTP
7. We support advanced settings
*AC3 and DTS codecs are pay-codecs and they can only be used on the devices that support them.
Ben Jamir is the Founder and Author of Tipsnfreeware. He is a part time Blogger, sharing his experience and giving a Helping hand to Home users. You will find here the best Windows Tips,Tricks and quality Freeware.