Desktop sticky notes are quite handy for not only noting down small information’s but also as reminders, contact details and shortcuts to your favorite websites too. Windows 7 has a built in desktop sticky notes taking application called sticky notes, but has very minimal features. All you can do is change the notes color and highlight web links.
NOTEFLY a desktop sticky notes application is a very small application and FREE. It is more versatile than windows desktop sticky notes. The app sits in the system tray and all of its functions can be accessed from its context menu. Edit mode allows you to format text. Right click on the note and you can make it stay on top, set the color,save it as a text file, hide it and you can even send the contents as mail to an E-mail client.
The most useful feature’s of this small desktop sticky notes :
1. Create beautiful notes in the colors you want.
2. Create lists in a note for example your shopping list. Make thing that are important bold or underline them just like in a office suit.
3. With the manage notes window you can easily decide which notes to show and which can be removed.
4. If you code, you will love the helping highlighting colors NoteFly can highlight PHP, HTML and SQL snippets.
5. NoteFly is designed to be lightweight. It’s less than 300 KB to download and doesn’t use the windows registry
6. NoteFly is highly customizable with lots of settings and notefly can be extended with plugins.
The best thing is that it’s a open source software and completely FREE. Give this desktop sticky notes a try if you want a better app than windows sticky notes.
Opinion : Recommended over windows sticky notes (Much better)
For : Easy to use, Note management, Easily customizable.
Against : None.
Download for FREE. (Secure and Safe)
If you enjoyed this post, Please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the Feed to have future articles delivered to your Feed reader
Posted By: Ben Jamir.
Ben Jamir is the Founder and Author of Tipsnfreeware. He is a part time Blogger, sharing his experience and giving a Helping hand to Home users. You will find here the best Windows Tips,Tricks and quality Freeware.